Sunday 11 March 2012

Philadelphia with Cadbury....What's the Hype about!?!


Choccy Philly!!


We have all seen the new Philadelphia ad's, the tag line "Choccy Philly, Don't be Silly". The huge marketing campaign gone into the launching of this product to be a success. So I took it upon myself to see what all the fuss was about! They are selling Cadbury Philadelphia in Dunnes Stores for €1 for a limited time only. Once I bought it the question was what do you eat it with, they cleverly put a suggestion paper inside the packet showing Chocolate Philadelphia on biscuits, bread or a bagel.


I put my tester onto a rich tea biscuit and to be totally honest I don't know what to make of it, the sound of it sounds wrong but it was kind of like having a chocolate moose it was a bit bland, no real taste of cheese or chocolate about it. It sort of made me want nutella!!

I decided to put it to my friends and they were of the same opinion didn't taste much from it. "The biscuit is over powering the taste" one of my friends thought. Another expected a totally different product she thought chocolate chips were going to be in a normal pot of Philadelphia!  My mum thinks it would be ideal filling in a chocolate cake.

Will this me a huge success for Philadelphia?? I can honestly say no. I feel once people have tasted it once that will be it. I wouldn't purchase it again. But then again what are your opinions!?!?

17 comments:

  1. I haven't tasted it yet but it just doesn't appeal to me... I think this is a step too far for philadelphia in terms of expanding their flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I agree...unfortunate for cadburys I think it's gonna be a one hit wonder! I am thankful that their marketing team didn't go with the regular cream cheese with choc chips idea!! #businesssavy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh haven't tried this yet actually!! Does sound a bit odd though must say but worth a try.! Idea for putting it on a cake is very good! Il have to get tasting first however!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never actually tried Philadelphia....Think I'll prob give this flavour a skip too though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wouldn't do it for me at all, stick to nutella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I love Cadbury this does not sound good.. But guess I'll waste a euro on it #curiouscat

    ReplyDelete
  7. The idea of mixing chocolate and cheese just does not appear to me at all!! Think i'll be giving this a skip too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw an ad for this on a bus stop....
    Do you think its just a marketing ploy they might run up until easter or that (like creme eggs) or does it actually have legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point!!! Think it could be a marketing ploy they might keep it if it's a success maybe!!!

      Delete
  9. If I'm going to give in to eating chocolate I might as well really go for it and eat a bar... That's just like cheating but trying not to feel guilty because "really it's cheese" haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO! It's just wrong, like the idea of savoury crepes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. NOOOO just sounds all wrong, although cheesecake works most of the time so maybe yours mom's opinion of a cake filling isnt far off....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It doesn't even sound nice.. Mixing cheese and chocolate, ewww! Definately wont be buying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think your mom is so right, as filling in a cake it would be yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cake filling is a winner!! Not great on bread at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there. I don't mind you using my photo but could you please include a link back on the image to my original post? http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2012/02/chocolate-philadelphia-baked-cheesecake/ Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2012/02/chocolate-philadelphia-baked-cheesecake/

      My apologies, I took it off Google images without thinking.

      Delete