Saturday 18 February 2012

Cupcake Delight!!!!


Cupcake Cottage

Cupcakes have taken over the dessert market over recents years.....when I was younger it was all about Queen Cakes which are basically smaller cupcakes! But I have recently noticed the amount of restaurants serving cupcake never mind the amount of Cupcake shops opening up everywhere. I guarantee you could not go to a farmers market without coming across a cupcake stand! I went to my fair share of 21st last year and at the majority of them Cupcakes were there be it a huge Cupcake as the birthday cake or the usual small Cupcakes!!What is the deal with the new trend!?!

I decided to take it upon myself to try out a few Cupcake places I must admit it was a tough challenge but someone has got to do it!! Cupcake cottage came out as a big winner for me!!

Cupcake Cottage has so many flavours of Cupcakes they have; chocolate; oreo; strawberry; white chocolate & blueberry; coffee; red velvet; tiramisu; lemon & honeycomb. You are spoilt for choice going there!!! Over time I must admit I tried a good few and White Chocolate & Blueberry has to be the nicest!!!!! They are priced at €2 each which I think is a bargain!! Has anyone been there yet!?! If not I would definatley recommend a visit, the girls in there are so nice and friendly a great business they have I hope its a real success for them!! I'm off to make a cup of tea and have a Red Velvet Cupcake by the fire.....YUM!!!!!!

Has anyone else tried other Cupcake places!?! I would love to hear your stories!!



6 comments:

  1. Yes Fiona I agree with you I tried the coffee and passion fruit cupcake today, was a bit unsure about it but it was Devine!!! Cupcake cottage it the best place around for cupcakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcake cottage are definitely one of the best around for cupcakes but I have to admit I'm more of a muffin kinda girl! Can't beat a good ole sticky toffee muffin from BB's with a chocomallow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is this cupcake cottage you speak of??

    Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Megan, BB's muffins . . . YUm!!! Although cupcakes are kinda lighter and tastier, not that there is a massive difference!

    Loving the Red Velvet cupcake recipe, must give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcake cottage is just by St.Johns college!!! Def give it a try sooo yummy. kinda glad they are not near UCC imagine how addictive I would be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Havnt tried them but by the sounds of it I'm missing out...can't wait until lent is over!!!

    ReplyDelete