Saturday 4 February 2012

Do We Really Need Food After Clubbing!?!?!?!?

So I was in Edinburgh this week on a class trip, what shocked me and majority of my class was no take aways were open after the club!!!! What was going on here?? We all were in complete shock so much so a group of girls took a taxi journey out to a McDonalds 8 miles from where we were staying to go to the trip through!! Bit extreme I thought at first until the following night I hopped into a taxi to a place that was serving food late!!!

Once I got there there was a queue outside and it was table service so myself and my friend sat down and got served up dinner at 3am!!  We were thinking of the lovely Hill Billy's back home and realised how lucky we were to have take aways at every single corner in Cork!! We were talking to locals in the restaurant about no food afterwards and it didn't seem to bother them that there was no fast food places open afterwards....which got us thinking do we really need all those extra calories after a night out and why to me Garlic, Chips & Cheese is the nicest thing in the world at 3am after clubbing but I wouldn't touch it during the day!!


All those take aways how appealing are they during the day!?!? Would you go there for lunch!?!? That breast in a bun from hillbilly's is sought after at night how many orders do they get during the day!!??

Think I'm thinking twice about it now, next night out I might head on home after clubbing for that toasted sandwich instead:)

10 comments:

  1. I couldnt agree more. i remember having a hillbillys breast in a bun one evening at around 5 and it just tasted like rubber! I think ill be stickin to the tea in toast in future... wonder how well a tea and toast stall would do after a night out?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree!! Def go home and have a toasted sandwich instead in the warmth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya it was a bit of a wake up call really! Think we have just got into the habit of having food now so we get it for the sake of it! Think Im gona try and avoid from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more! Always instantly regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought about this before, we definitely just do it out of habit now....like imagine we weren't clubbing, waking up at 3am and driving down to McDonalds!?!yock...

    I'm pretty proud to say I've never gotten HillBillys, have always resisted temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken noodles for the win when you get home! Although my parents aren't too impressed with the kitchen the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes there is nothing better than a greasy meal after be out, definitely going to try this week to avoid them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Odly enough on one of my brainwaves after a night out I made some apparently microwavable mussels. Questionable I know but somehow magically delicious in my state. Reccommended. But brush your teeth before you sleep!
    Also, if it wasn't for alcohol Hillbillys would have shut down years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree too, but don't every try to make anything that requires more than a quick microwave! I learned the hard way that your kitchen will be destroyed haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mussels after a night out!! That is so strange!! Haha not something too fancy at all think I'll stick to toast or maybe take the easy option of crisps!!!

    ReplyDelete